[pmwiki-users] Idea: Cookbook Recipes versions list

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 24 06:35:41 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 11:56:08AM +0100, OBUTEX / Hladůvka wrote:
> Would be possible that recipes update some Site.CookbookRcpVer page
> on admins demand to be able compare if the site recipes versions are up
> to date?

Since we now have the Version headers in each of the cookbook pages,
it ought to be possible for us to set up something using that.
See, for example, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RecipeVersions .

We can set up a recipe and protocol to help site administrators manage
recipes.  First, recipe authors can add a line like the following into
scripts:

    $Recipe["CookbookPageName"]["version"] = "2006-03-12";

For example, the RandomQuote recipe would have in it:

    $Recipe["RandomQuote"]["version"] = "2006-03-06";

Then, we can come up with a recipe that allows a site administrator
to compare the $Recipe values against the ones reported on pmwiki.org,
and report any differences.