[pmwiki-users] customizing the output for commentboxstyled

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Mar 27 16:03:14 CST 2006

On Tuesday, 28 March 2006 9:40 AM, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
>Monday, March 27, 2006, 10:28:53 PM, John wrote:
>> Just a guess: is $MPItemStartFmt declared in the list of
>> global variables at the start of that function?
>
>Uhhh, you are correct John, to my extreme embarrassment. :-(
>I forgot to declare a whole bunch of variables for formatting the
>beginning and end of the enclosing item divs global, with the
>consequence that one could not define these from config.php.
>
>I updated commentboxstyled.php on pmwiki.org now.

Happy to help. I have updated
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBox
to fix the backslash problem -- the code is now much tidier, so
you may wish to incorporate the changes into commentboxstyled.
Then I think we may want to let commentbox retire, as the
differences are now quite small and commentboxstyled has a few
extra features.

John
--
JR