[pmwiki-users] password question

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Mar 28 11:34:57 CST 2006

At 2006-03-28  06:15 PM +0100, Hans is rumored to have said:
>Yes, but my point was: what harm is in a "reader", trying to edit a
>page protected with an admin password, getting a prompt asking for
>an admin password?

There is no harm - but there is no way to test for this situation
that I can think of.

>And another question: do you give different prompts (different
>wordings) for the general edit password and for the Site admin password?

Yes:
You need a read password to see this page ...
You need an edit password to edit this page ...
Your edit password does not allow you to edit this page, please enter
an admin password ...

There is no test you can write that will emit line 3 properly, unless
you enumerate all of the pages (groups) that require an admin password.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668