[pmwiki-users] cookbook fatal error on pmwiki.org

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Tue Mar 28 13:34:05 CST 2006

That's good to know, but how far back in pmwiki versions did that behavior first get added?

David

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 10:35:44AM -0500, David Spitzley wrote:
>  Of late I've been hand modifying the files of spammed pages
> to get rid of the spam from the history.  If we could actually
> drop the stuff from the history entirely as an administrative
> function we could solve both the length problem and purge spammed
> content from page histories so that it isn't captured by search engines.

Search engines shouldn't be capturing the page history content
anwyay.  PmWiki's defaults:

1.  Most common robots (Google, MSN, Yahoo!, etc.) that attempt to
    access ?action=diff receive 403 Forbidden responses, not the
    page history.

2.  Even if a robot gets past the 403 Forbidden response, the output
    contains a <meta name='robots' content='nofollow,noindex' />
    tag telling the robot not to index the page.