[pmwiki-users] External Authentication

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 30 07:42:47 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 01:21:58AM -0800, Gary Spivey wrote:
>    Here is my general question - I want to provide an "attributes page" that
>    let's me set various attribute options rather than passwords.

FWIW, PmWiki's built-in attributes page allows custom fields (although it
doesn't support checkbox or dropdown lists).

>    1)       Are attributes the appropriate place to do this? Essentially I
>    want to disable the password attributes and put in my own. Is there some
>    other construct that would work better?

Attributes are probably the best place for this, yes.

>    2)       How do I best change the attribute form? Is the best thing to do
>    to replace the HandleAttrFmt function with a new one? Is there any issue
>    with the attribute values being an array instead of a string?

Yes, replacing HandleAttr is probably what you want here.  At the moment
PmWiki requires any attributes to be strings when pages are saved to
disk, so you'll want to have something there that converts from array
to string and back again.