[pmwiki-users] MakeColumns cookbook breaks(?) the line break (\\)

Steve Stone steves at netacquire.com
Thu Mar 30 16:59:23 CST 2006

I like having multiple columns for certain pages I'm building. Some of the
submitters are also using the double backslash for line breaks and those do
not get honored when the page is also columnized even though they are
outside the column markup.  The [= x =] also gets reflowed without line
breaks.

e.g.
First line\\
Second line\\
(:colstart:)
First column
(:column:)
Second column
(:colend:)

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MakeColumns

The columns work fine and I'm using the 1.0 version of the recipe.  I am
still using Version 2.0.13 (2005-11-10) of PmWiki.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Steve