[pmwiki-users] question on markup & forms

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:24:41 CDT 2006

Hi all,
I am studying forms & markup. Since they always told me that the best way to
learn something is using it, I was trying to modify the newpageboxplus.php
coming along with BlogSimple cookbook.
Actually, what I am trying to achieve is to separate the date ( thus creating
another text field ) from the pagename.
So what I did was :
	1 - added datelbl to the array of defaults :
	  $defaults = array(
		    'base' => '',
		    'template' => '',
		    'value' => '',
		    'size'   => '30',
		    'datelbl' => '',
		    'label' => FmtPageName(' $[Create a new page called:] ', $pagename),
		    'button' => 'left',
		    'focus' => '',
		    'save' => '');
	2 - added the text box to the html :
    ($opt['button']=="left" ? $buttonHTML : "") .
	    "<input class='inputbox newpagetext' type='text' name='date'
value='{$opt['datelbl']}' size='{$opt['size']}'" .

then I've called the markup from a wiki page :
(:newpagebox  base="EventPages.HomePage" template=Event.EventTemplate
button=right label="New Event Entry" size=40 datelbl="2006-05-03- "
value='' :)

expecting to see at least an error of some sort ...
What I got is that the markup call shows in the page actually painting
(:newpagebox  base="EventPages.HomePage" template=Event.EventTemplate
button=right label="New Event Entry" size=40 datelbl="2006-05-03- "
value='' :)

Now I'm a bit puzzled since if I restore the old php file and remove the
datelbl thing from the markup it works ( meaning that it draws a text box ) .

At the point where I am now, I am not worring about passing the right
parameter to the right variable ... i just wish I could understand why it is
not working.

TIA

Marco

--
Tomorrow, this will be part of the unchangeable past but fortunately,
it can still be changed today.