Re: [pmwiki-users] Url rewriting à la PmWiki

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 3 17:14:51 CDT 2006

On 5/3/06, EuGeNe <eugene at boardkulture.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not much of an url rewriting expert but my clean url install works
> with a .htaccess thats:
>
> Options +FollowSymLinks
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/?$ http://www.3kwa.com/Main/HomePage [R=permanent,QSA,L]
> RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) index.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]
>
> I would like a straight hit on http://www.3kwa.com to display
> Main/HomePage but not change the url. (which I believe is the behaviour
> of http://www.pmwiki.org)
>
> Anyone knows how to do that?

Several, probably.  One of them might be to delete the second rewrite
rule and use an index.php wrapper script.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks#dontmodify

I'm almost certain the rewrite rules in the new CleanUrls recipe
produce the behavior you're looking for, too.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#samedir

Hagan