[pmwiki-users] How-To Change OL/UL List Designation . . .

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed May 3 19:05:07 CDT 2006

PmWiki uses white space at the beginning of a line to denote a
pre-formatted text area. It also uses multiples of '*' to denote
levels of unordered lists, and '#' to denote levels of ordered lists.

What I would like to be able to do is use indentations of white space
to denote these levels. For example:

   * This is an unordered item
      # This is an ordered sub-item of the unordered item.
      # This is another sub-item
   * This is the next item.

There are two reasons for this. First, I take school notes in PmWiki
(using pywe, my python substitute for pmwe) and it is easier to
visualize the indentations this way. Second, I sometimes scrape
material from other sites and when I paste into PmWiki I have to
de-indent (I archive the material for personal use). In the latter
case, I would like to just cut-n-paste rather than labor.

I have tried to do this manually. First, to DisableMarkup("^ "), I had
to rename markup "^ " because it would not disable otherwise. Second,
when I got the indenting to work, rather than indent it would insert
DLs to the appropriate level.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ben

--