[pmwiki-users] RSS cron publisher?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Thu May 4 05:07:11 CDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Dominique Faure <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Allister Jenks <arj at zkarj.co.nz> wrote:
> > I recently put up a cookbook recipe called InlineRSS.
>
> You may also have tweaked the IncludeXML recipe which does almost the
> same thing...

Or so you'd think.  That recipe - by the admission of its author -
does not handle remote XML (i.e. any external RSS feed).  That's why I
sought out an alternative solution.  Or, rather, came across the
WordPress plugin and thought it would be a good candidate for
conversion to PmWiki.

IncludeXML is probably the better solution for local XML rendering,
InlineRSS for external stuff.  (Though either could be modified to do
the other task better.)

OK, I see now you said "tweaked".  Trouble was I didn't have the
werewithal to build new code to fetch the file - only to adapt
existing code (InlineRSS) that I knew worked for this case.

--
Allister