[pmwiki-users] linkpriority for name and group

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 4 13:46:34 CDT 2006

On 5/4/06, noskule <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:
> hi list
>
> how is "link/name" priority suposed to work korrectly.
>
> Example: On the page  NameA.SomePage I have the link [[NameB]]
>
> where should it link to in priority:
> 1. NameA.NameB
> 2. NameB.HomePage
>
> in my installation happens the second. Is this correct. If yes, could I
> change this somhow so that pmwiki looks first in the same group for a
> page and if there is none, it looks for a group.homepage

A similar question...  When search results include a link to a group
home page that doesn't exist, the link doesn't go to a group home
page, rather it goes to CurrentGroup.NameOfGroupWithMissingHomePage

Example:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki?n=Main.WikiSandbox&action=search&q=Temp%2F

The missing home page link goes to Main.Temp, not Temp.Temp or
Temp.HomePage.  Is this behavior intended?  Can it be changed?

Hagan