[pmwiki-users] What the @!$&? is that?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat May 6 11:31:12 CDT 2006

Pico schrieb:
> If you get a minute, it would be great if you could visit the page and
> add to or correct this list in progress.  The more esoteric the better,
> because I would like this list to be a cross-reference to documentation
> that can be used when you come across some new or strange markup that
> you don't understand.

That's an excellent idea. "What's this?" is easily the reaction of
anybody who comes across the more esoteric markup when editing a page.
(Once the MarkupCharacters page is good enough, it might be a good idea
to link it from the editing hints below the edit input field.)

Instead of explaining the markup in the MarkupCharacters (and
duplicating all the explanations elsewhere), we should insert links to
the pages that explain the markup. The MarkupCharacters page would then
really be just an index, nothing more. (Maybe rename the page to
MarkupIndex?)

Regards,
Jo