[pmwiki-users] Coversion to MSWord

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed May 17 13:53:59 CDT 2006

You may need something like: http://htmltortf.com/, which will convert
the web page to Rich Text Format, which is pretty darn close to
MSWurd.

Then, to cobble your document together, use (:include Page1:)(:include
Page2:) etc. This will allow you to build a master page for the entire
document, while leaving individuals to edit individual pages. This
approach is marginally better than pagelisting it as you can arrange
the pages as you chose. Also, you may want to add some markup that
will allow you to compel page breaks, unless you plan to do that for
the final editing.

Ben

On 5/17/06, Gene Yang <GYANG at bishopodowd.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to pmWiki and the world of wikis in general.  I am a techology coordinator at a Bay Area school.  We are going through an accreditation process next year where we as a school community have to generate a self-evaluation document.  Administration, faculty, students, and parents all have to contribute parts of this document.  Sounds like the perfect job for wiki, right?
>
> The one snag I've run into is converting a wiki (and specifically pmWiki) into a Word document.  The final document must be in Word format, and I haven't been able to figure out an easy way of doing this.  Is there a utility for this?  Text portions can be cut-and-pasted easily enough, but what about tables, etc?
>
> Gene

Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"