[pmwiki-users] Images Upload 'n Link

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu May 18 20:43:22 CDT 2006

Ok this may be it, but the behavior is still not as expected:

docs say:
====
"To add or link to an attachment, an author edits a page to include
the markup "Attach:" followed by a name of an attachment (e.g.,
"Attach:resume.pdf"). When the page is displayed, the Attach: markup
becomes one of the following:

     * A link to the named attachment
     * A link to a form whereby the author can specify a file to be
uploaded and used as the new attachment
     * If the attachment is an image file such as .gif, .jpg,
or .png, then it is displayed as an image. "

etc.
======

OK so this appears to be what is wanted, or very close. Let's test it:

Attach:FastCGI-binaryInput.jpg

prompted me for an upload.... so far so good --click and the browse
form option opens to upload,  I selected a file on my local  system
and uploaded it. quick FTP check up... yes, its there in

/admin_wiki/uploads/migration/FastCGI-binaryInput.jpg... so far so good

but!  now going back to the page:

attach:FastCGI-binaryInput.jpg

Does *not* appear on the page and also the image does not appear
either... The docs lead one to expect the image to now appear in the
wiki page itself... but such is not the case. Click Edit; blink
hard... hmmm.. there it is:

Attach:FastCGI-binaryInput.jpg

umm... the images docs pages also says:

Images can also be specified as uploaded files (i.e., Attach:image.jpg)

so, it should  be working, but it is not.

final test: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/admin_wiki/uploads/
Migration/FastCGI-binaryInput.jpg

  yep, it now appears... I'm hoping not to have to go back and
manually enter a fully qualified absolute URL.

and hope to get "Attach:FastCGI-binaryInput.jpg" to work

What am i doing wrong?

fyi this is a field on a wiki farm, if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

Sivakatirswami