[pmwiki-users] Mail Posts -- Self subscribe to "Watch Lists"

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu May 18 21:17:09 CDT 2006

On May 18, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Scott Connard wrote:

> I too investigated this but settled on using RSS as a much easier
> method of watching modifications.
>
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WebFeeds
>
> I did a fair amount of config.php tweaking, but the basic RSS feed
> works great for notifying people of changes.
>
> Scott Connard.

OK I'm willing to follow your lead... in fact some users did ask
about RSS as an option.. That docs pages seems clear, but subtle
details are missing. Looking for the easiest out-of-the-box
implementation appears to be getting a feed from recent changes on a
group. But, I'm having trouble build a URL that actually works in
news aggregator.

e.g. for a group named "Migration" in this wiki, the URL you get when
you just click "Recent Changes" from any page and then tack on  the
RSS options looks like this:

feed://www.himalayanacademy.com/admin_wiki/index.php?
n=Migration.RecentChanges&action=rss&order=-time

but Safari doesn't grok this URL...

The test example:    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/Skins?
action=rss&order=-time

  works fine in Safari..new news feed as expected...  so, I'm missing
something.

Sivakatirswami