[pmwiki-users] HtpasswdForm doesn't work, why?

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Fri May 19 01:22:33 CDT 2006

You need to set up AuthUser.[1] Specifically, in your config file,
'include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");'

Then, you should only need: http://www.example.org/?action=login in
order to log in. As you have a password file, you will also want to
set the variable "$AuthUser['htpasswd'] = 'local/.htpasswd';" _before_
the line including the authuser. By including the file, $AuthUser will
return true, as it is set there.

Ben

[1]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser

On 5/18/06, webmaster at mediapublinet.net <webmaster at mediapublinet.net> wrote:
> Thanks to The Editor, Dom and Ben Wilson, but...
>
> I now removed any reference to UserAuth.
> The page http://stbo.mediapublinet.net/Main/Logins still doesn't work.
>
> After a trace into cookbook/htpasswdform.php, I noticed that the script doesn't
> pass the second line:
>
>     # If the admin hasn't configured any password entries, just return.
>     if (!$AuthUser) return;
>
> $AuthUser returns false. So, I verified that the local/.htpasswd is really there
> (not config/.htpasswd, as in my first post). This file contains:
>
> ben:$1$4Urb55Xy$VhdsATj6GMkEQwiW3uRM91:admin
> GuestUser::read
>
> ...all seems ok, except the result.
>

> > Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:21:20 -0400
> > From: "The Editor" <editor at fast.st>
> > Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] HtpasswdForm doesn't work, why?
> > To: "PmWiki Users" <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
> >
> > I believe the htpasswdform is designed to work with AuthUser not
> > UserAuth.  You might check to see if that doesn't make a difference.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Caveman

Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"