[pmwiki-users] Permissions problem...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 19 09:46:56 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 07:10:56PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been making some changes to my website but seem to be having some
> permissions problems.  Can someone tell me what the chmod permissions
> are supposed to be for the cookbook.
>
> For example, at www.fast.st/fastwiki/system/cookbook/paypal.gif I get
> a 403 permission error.   Any suggestions?

Normally the files in the cookbook aren't meant to be accessible
directly via a web-browser, they should only be accessed through
the pmwiki.php script itself.  So, the fact that the browser reports
a 403 permission error above is actually desired/normal.

The cookbook directory (and its subdirectories) should have 755
permissions, files in the cookbook directory should have 644
permissions.