[pmwiki-users] CountGlyphs recipe doesn't work

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Fri May 19 09:48:31 CDT 2006

> From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 08:11:09AM -0400, Pico wrote:
> > Ben Wilson wrote:

> > > I fixed it.[1] I also updated the cookbook page.[2] Would you mind
> > > independently checking and closing the PITS if it works?[3]  The
> > > problem was the way PmWiki tracks when to run a markup was reversed
> > > between then and now. Found out by trying "?action=ruleset" which
> > > showed that the markups were being executed after they were erased by
> > > Markup("{$var}"); Reversing the angles seemed to have done the trick.
> > >
> > > [1]: See http://dausha.net/Main/Main
> > > [2]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CountGlyphs
> > > [3]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00710
> > >

> > Ok, now the markups report numbers, but they do not seem to be correct.
> > When I copied and pasted this entire page onto my site, the markup
> > reported "This page contains 50 glyphs and 8 words." When I edited the
> > page and added three words, the numbers did not change.
> >
> > You can have a look at a that test page here.
> >
> > http://pico.ben-amotz.com/Test/CountGylphs
>
> Hmm, I just tried it on that page and it worked for me.
> It changed "50 glyphs and 8 words" to "63 glyphs and 11 words".
>
> Pm

The issue seems to be narrowed down to the interaction between
CountGylphs and
the (:markdown:) directive: the reported numbers only reflect words and
glyphs
contained within the table created by the (:markdown:) directive.  Tests
with
other tables (simple and advanced) and divisions (>>purple<<) did not
replicate
the behavior of the table created by the (:markdown:) directive.

Pico