[pmwiki-users] dates in URL

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun May 21 17:16:08 CDT 2006

On Saturday, 20 May 2006 6:45 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 06:41:14PM +0200, malexism at free.fr wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :
>> > It has to be a recipe or webserver configuration causing this;
>> > PmWiki doesn't do such conversions on its own.
>>
>> Even if the url is in bracketts like this ?
>>
>> [[http://www.humanite.fr/journal/2006-05-16/2006-05-16-829897|blabla]]
>>
>> If a recipe do that, I only use Wikilog and WikiForms in this
>> implementation of PmWiki.
>
>I seem to recall that Wikilog searches for strings of the
>form yyyy-mm-dd, and switches them to the "long format", even
>if the date appears in brackets or a link.  So, that seems a
>likely culprit.
>
>Pm

Guilty, m'lud. It's a fair cop; you done me bang to rights. [1]

By default, wikilog sets $DateSeparatorPattern = '[-.\/]';

If you add the following to local/config.php before you
include wikilog.php, the problem will go away:

$DateSeparatorPattern = '[.\/]';

The price you pay is that text of the form yyyy-mm-dd (as used in
wikiforms) will no longer get translated into a textual date.

There ought to be a way to support dates in urls and translated
long dates, but I haven't found it yet.

--
JR
--

[1] translation: the prisoner accepts his guilt and
    hopes for a crime-free future