[pmwiki-users] Rating Recipe for the Cookbook

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 23 16:49:14 CDT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 03:10:48PM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> I have cobbled together a hasty recipe for Ratings. It uses very
> simple directive markup to create a rating, and will embed the rating
> average based upon a separate directive.[2]
>
> (:rating-[1-5]:) # Gives a range of 1 to 5, but can be configured beyond 5.
> (:ratingave:)

FWIW, I think that a page's rating average ought to be a {$Rating}
page variable, not a directive.  :-)  That way one can easily
do {OtherPage$Rating} and use it in pagelists.

Also, to be consistent with other directives, we should use
(:rating 1:), (:rating 2:), etc.  That's assuming that a directive
is used at all -- I still prefer "Rating:5" or "Rating:*****" as markups.