[pmwiki-users] Inclusion of PHP file in template: $title is missing

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 24 22:59:50 CDT 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 04:49:45PM +0200, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> > Despite the way they look, these aren't global variables -- they're
> > "page variables".  For example, $Title and $FullName depend on the
> > page being referenced (the value of $Title in a link to SomePage is
> > different from the value of $Title for the current page).
>
> Thanks for clearing that up.
>
> Am I right in assuming that in the template, though, both markup
> variables [1] and customization variables [2] are available?

That's essentially correct, although unfortunately the
MarkupVariables page you're referencing is the obsolete one.
The correct page is http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables
(and I've placed a note on MarkupVariables to forward people to
PageVariables instead).  We should probably remove the MarkupVariables
page or move it somewhere else.

> If yes, then this should be mentioned on <URL:http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki
> /PmWiki/SkinTemplates>.

Feel free to improve the documentation.  :-)