[pmwiki-users] preformatted text block *with* formatting? (bug in [@..@] ?)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu May 25 15:59:43 CDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 03:51:27PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> That's a WikiStyle.  Define your local css class, and then use
>
>    %example% text %%
>
> to produce  <span class='example'> text </span> .
>
> (Note that WikiStyles can do much more than just CSS, but that's the
> basic approach for CSS.)

Okay, that's hella easy.  But now I'm confused.  I had read more or less
this on

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomWikiStyles

But this page says you have to modify the config.php for each style and
other stuff that made me just shake my head and look farther.

Also, after using your >>pre<< syntax I realized that this generates

which is exactly what I want.

In short, it seems that many things are much easier than they seem from the
documentation.  I'll do some testing and then see if I can simply those
pages a bit and put the config.php stuff farther done and properly marked
as optional.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek