[pmwiki-users] preformatted text block *with* formatting? (bug in [ <at> .. <at> ] ?)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 25 17:32:22 CDT 2006

On 5/25/06, Jo Rhett <jrhett at svcolo.com> wrote:
> > Jo Rhett <jrhett <at> svcolo.com> writes:
> > > You're also ignoring every single one of my points:
> > > 2. And my arguement that [snip]
>
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 06:53:01PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> > I didn't realize that you wanted to argue (until now).  Now that I understand, I
> > wish I had not engaged you.  It won't happen again.
>
> Pico, an argument is a point.  A parameter.  An issue in this context.  Not
> a verb regarding the manner of conversation.

"Argue" in the above context is an intransitive verb that means "To
contend in argument" or, more to the point, "to dispute".

Pico provided a thoughtful and helpful reply, and your reply to him
was inappropriately contentious.

> I was simply requesting that instead of pointing me at docs I've already
> read and was quoting in my message

Now you've claimed that twice, Jo.  Quite simply: it didn't happen.
Provide a link to the archived copy of the message in which you quoted
PmWiki.TextFormattingRules.

> 1. My original report that BasicEdit is misleading

Keep in mind that the BasicEditing page is about *basic* editing with
examples of many of the common markups.  It's not supposed to be a
comprehensive list of markup examples because that would be
overwhelming.

Note that Pico, when he sees an inadequacy in the documentation,
improves the page.  He's even written some documentation pages from
scratch and completely rewritten others.  He's the most recent editor
of about twenty pages in the PmWiki group on pmwiki.org.

Instead of just "reporting" about the documentation, take action and
edit the BasicEditing page to clarify the examples you find unclear.

Hagan