[pmwiki-users] Creating a Blog

José Geraldo Gouvêa jggouvea at gmail.com
Thu May 25 19:57:06 CDT 2006

Hello,

I'm new to the list, but not to pmwiki. I have been dabbling with it for more
than a year, building my personal site (not yet ready for publishing).

I have just recently signed up to the list to try find how to do some things
that intense research on pmwiki.org could not help me to.

I am particularly interested in how to create a blog within my site. I have
developed my own recipe for it, using bits of code from PageListsExplained
and PageListTemplates.  My recipe is based on two things, one page
(Main/Novidades) containing just the following code:

(:pagelist fmt=Lista#include order=-time list=normal
group=-PmWiki*,-Main,-Site name=-Blog,-Lista,-FullName,-Humor count=4:)

and a page (Main/Lista) containing the following code:

[[#include]]
!!!![[{=$FullName}|{=$Titlespaced}]] - {=$LastModified}
(:include {=$FullName} self=0 lines=2..3:)
-------------
[[#includeend]]

The results are very close to what I want: the page Main/Novidades displays
the titles (as links) and the first lines of every page that has been
recently modified -- I have put lines=2..3 because every first line of each
page contains a (:toc:), an (:include:) for a common header (I will move
later to a GroupHeader and often a (:title:) tag because Portuguese
typographic conventions are not respected by PmWiki, even using i18n.

My recipe just need two extra ingredients :

1 - I would like to be able to include not the pages recently mofied, but the
pages recently created (I may modify the pages often to tweak and improve the
layout -- see GroupHeader statement above).

2 - I would like to rss the page Main/Novidades, but when I do it it does not
skip the first line of each page, so (:toc:) (:title:) and the header are
displayed within the feed.

Does any one know how to cope with this?

Thank you,

--
José Geraldo Gouvêa