[pmwiki-users] New PmWiki Features Page . . .

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu May 25 20:42:48 CDT 2006

Ben Wilson wrote:
> With Pm's nominal support, I have rewritten the PmWiki Features
> page.[1]  This email is a request for peer review.

I sorta like it.   I sometimes think the feature list is
slanted.... it's more of a you-who-use-the-other-wiki
here's what PmWiki can/can't do list.

Which I suppose is ok.  Just didn't seem like a
PmWiki feature list as much as it seemed to be somewhat
of a PmWiki critique (both positive AND negative).

> I still have to add icons instead of color coding (per Pm's
> suggestion). I also need to "fill in the blanks" in terms of certain

Yes.. I agree, that might be better.

> links. What I did was closely mirror the list of features suggested by
> Wiki Matrix.[2] I also assumed the entry for PmWiki in the WM page was
> accurate, but I did try to do some fact checking.[3] For those who
> prefer a more charted approach, the various charts in the Feature page
> are included from an At A Glance page.[4]
>
> I ask that those of you who are fairly knowledgeable/sophisticated
> with PmWiki to take a look at the page. In most cases where I refer to
> a plug-in (recipe), I inserted a cross-reference statement including a
> link to [[Cookbook:Recipe]]. If you're familiar with one or more
> recipes that satisfy the description for the feature, please insert
> links. Please also verify the links I put in.

I also noticed a lot of stuff about 'feed aggregation' repeated
(cut and paste I assume).

> To help keep the page clean, I included a link to a discussion page.
> Please put your comments there. This is good for alternative wording
> of a passage.
>
> Typos/grammar: please feel free to correct bad grammar, spelling and typos.
>
> Thank you for your time and effort reviewing the site.

I think this is a pretty good start... but not sure if it's
a PmWiki Feature list...

What do others think?