[pmwiki-users] (:subtitle:) markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 26 19:21:21 CDT 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 12:05:30AM +0200, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> I like the (:title:) markup.
> Also, I would like to use a (:subtitle:), which should work about the
> same way as (:title:).
> Its use would be about the same you all know from newspapers and/or magazines.
>
> As I could not find  a ready (:subtitle:) markup, I eagerly jumped to
> the http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup with the idea of
> writing it myself.
> But I just managed to understand nothing about the matter. Slightly
> too technical.
> Next I thought to take the (:title:) definition and just edit it a
> little; but couldn't find where that definition is hidden.

The (:title:) markup is likely to change in the next couple of
releases, so I wouldn't use the existing markup as a good model.
Better would be to look at how (:description:) and/or (:keywords:)
are implemented.

But more directly, why not just put the subtitle directly in
the page, as in...?

    !!Subtitle