[pmwiki-users] (:subtitle:) markup

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun May 28 07:24:40 CDT 2006

On Sat, 27 May 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 08:58:36PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>>> The (:title:) markup is likely to change in the next couple of
>>> releases.
>>
>> Can you please elaborate. I use the (:title ...:) on all my
>> pages. Is it going to be improved, expanded, deprecated...?
>
> It's going to be "fixed".  Right now there are problems if a page
> includes another page containing (:title:) -- the included page's title
> is taken as the title for the including page.
>
> I'm planning to fix this so that only the (:title:) in the current page
> has any effect -- title's in an included page or GroupHeader/GroupFooter
> won't override it.

Although I've been wanting to suggest this myself for both (:title:) and
there is someone out there that does something like this:

 	The page Site.LocalWikiMacros:
 		[[#carTitle]]
 		(:title Cool cars of {$Name} :)
 		[[#carTitleEnd]]

 	The page Cars.The80s:
 		(:include Site.LocalWikiMacrors#carTitle#carTitleEnd:)

 	The page Cars.The90s:
 		(:include Site.LocalWikiMacrors#carTitle#carTitleEnd:)

 	The page Cars.The00s:
 		(:include Site.LocalWikiMacrors#carTitle#carTitleEnd:)

I think you get the idea...

So if we say that (:title:) only in the current page will have an effect,
we need to be able to override it with an option for these special cases.

Perhaps something like this could work:

 	(:include allow-title-override=yes ... :)

/Christian