[pmwiki-users] Making a domain name a wiki page

Américo Albuquerque aalbuquerque at lanowar.sytes.net
Sun May 28 13:43:41 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
(...)
> It's not just the linking syntax, we also have to see if this affects
> the way pages are stored on disk (where '.' is used to delimit groups
> in pagenames), and understand what impacts it might have on the
The way pages are stored on disk could be kept as is. The page name
could be striped of the dots and a page called 'Group/Page.1.2' would be
saved on disk as 'Group.Page12' or as 'Group.Page-1-2'. The name
attribute of the page would have to have the page real name, i.e.,
'name=Group/Page.1.2'

Using '-' as replacements for '.' would probably be better for loading
files in local/ and pub/css/ because a name like Group.Page12 could be
from Group/Page.12, Group/Page12 and Group/Page.1.2 and just removing
the '.' would make those pages use the same config files and css

Americo Albuquerque