[pmwiki-users] Motivation for hierachy

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun May 28 14:15:49 CDT 2006

Is there some wiki page that contains user cases that illustrates cases
where one would like to have some kind of hierarchy? If not, I think maybe
we should start one.

The long thread on hierarchical groups was interesting, but I think I'd
like to start with understanding why it is needed. (As an aside, I'm all
for having some kind of hierarchy, but knowing why we want something will
help us see what we want).

As for motivation, what I do know is that all the technically savvy people
I've introduced to pmwiki lately have all assumed that some kind of
hiearchy was possible. Several of them felt that some kind of hierarchy
was necessary for technical documentation of a stuff like a product
structure.

/Christian