[pmwiki-users] $FarmPubDirUrl not being set

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 1 08:53:45 CST 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 12:23:40PM -0000, marc wrote:

> While testing Hans' update to commentboxplus, which separates the .css
> into a file, I found that it returns:
>
>   <link href='/css/commentboxplus.css' rel='stylesheet'
>      type='text/css' /><script type="text/javascript">
>
> from
>
>   # load commentbox.css for styling
>   SDV($HTMLHeaderFmt['cbplus'], "
>     <link href='$FarmPubDirUrl/css/commentboxplus.css' rel='stylesheet'
>       type='text/css' />");
>
> indicating that $FarmPubDirUrl isn't set, in my case.
> [...]
> Any ideas what's amiss? (pmwiki-2.2.0-beta15)

It looks to me as though $FarmPubDirUrl is being evaluated too
soon because of the double-quotes around the string.  There
probably needs to be a backslash in front of the dollar sign:

  # load commentbox.css for styling
  SDV($HTMLHeaderFmt['cbplus'], "
    <link href='\$FarmPubDirUrl/css/commentboxplus.css' rel='stylesheet'
      type='text/css' />");

This way $FarmPubDirUrl will be evaluated (by FmtPageName)
when the heading is being output, as opposed to the current
version that does the substitution when commentboxplus.php
is loaded (which occurs before skin loading).