[pmwiki-users] HTMLHeaderFmt in local/GroupSpecific.php

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Wed Nov 1 14:29:00 CST 2006

I have a few PmWiki sites I maintain.  The oldest one, which is
now running 2.1.26, has a group specific php file called
AllBlogs.php in which I set:

$HTMLHeaderFmt['rsslink1'] =
    "<link rel='alternate' title='Labs Blogs $[RSS Feed]'

href='/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Site/AllRecentChanges?group=BP-*&list=normal&action=rss'
      type='application/rss+xml' />\n  ";

This works fine... in firefox I get the RSS feed icon on the URL line
and can add a live bookmark.

However, on another site I tried repeating the exact same procedure...
that site is running 2.1.24 and it doesn't work, I get an error message
on the page load:

$HTMLHeaderFmt['rsslink1'] = "\n ";
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home/ntlug/pmwiki/local/AllBlogs.php:2) in
/home/ntlug/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 885

Any hints??  I think I understand the error message to realize that
the head information has likely been closed... but I guess I'm
confused about why the difference.  It wasn't obvious looking
at the skin template files on each site, the top matter is pretty
much the same...

I appreciate in help in tracking things down...

Thanks,
Chris