[pmwiki-users] troubleshooting warning errors - session_write_close()

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 6 21:01:08 CST 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 03:23:04AM +0100, Lars Oestreicher wrote:
> Dear pmwiki fellows...
>
> I have a pmWiki site which has been working nicely, up until this
> weekend. However, I just encountered the same errors that were noted by
> Miriam H. The following error messages appear on top of the site.
>
> *Warning*: session_write_close():
> open(/data/session/f/f/sess_ff050fcf93b565ce4947c5faef0ac1ee, O_RDWR)
> failed: Permission denied (13) in
> */data/members/paid/h/c/hcieducation.com/htdocs/www/pmwiki.php* on line
> *1722*

This generally indicates that the webserver no longer has write
permission to the appropriate directory (/data/session in this case).
Usually that means that a server administrator has changed a configuration
or otherwise changed file permissions such that PHP is no longer
working properly.

At any rate, it's not really a PmWiki error, nor does it involve
wiki.d.  You could try setting up a special directory for
sessions, by adding the following to the beginning of local/config.php:

    mkdirp('session.d');
    session_save_path('session.d');

Hope this helps,