[pmwiki-users] list of categories including subpages

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Nov 7 09:09:43 CST 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Florian Graessle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a way to display the name of categories with their
> including subpages. For just one category I can use
>
>    (:pagelist link=Category.Settings list=all fmt=#title:)
>
> which lists the pages included in the category "Settings".
>
> What I would like to have is something that does this automagically
> for
> all categories in use. Something like:
>
> Category1
>    Cat1PageA
>    Cat1PageB
>    Cat1PageC
> Category2
>    Cat2PageA
>    Cat2PageB
>    Cat2PageC
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Hi, Florian,

I'd love this too.  There MAY be a way to do it with pagelist
templating but I'd be pretty hard-pressed to figure it out.  There
would need to be a way to determine all "top-level" category pages,
and I think that's one problem.

So, you want to print all pages in group=Category, and nest in there
every page that links to the current page -- sounds like something
that needs nested pagelists, which I'm not sure can be done...

The outermost pagelist would contain only group=Category
The inner would call a pagelist of link={$FullName} for the current
page in the queue.

But that's theory-only -- I don't think that there can be nested
pagelists in the LocalTemplates page

So I think what it really becomes is a customized recipe, something like
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DictIndex
except instead of A-Z it would be based on the Category pages.

Does anyone know any options like this?

reference documentation pages:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PagelistTemplateSamples
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/LocalTemplates
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/PageListTemplates

I don't have a chance right now to see if I can easily figure this
one out.

Thanks!

Crisses