[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Save data in a csv-file

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Nov 7 16:28:52 CST 2006

oops.  Forget to sent this to the list.  thanks for mentioning ZAP
Crisses.  Said about the same thing as you.

Cheers,
Caveman

On 11/7/06, Petra Gieselmann <petra at ira.uka.de> wrote:
> Hi Caveman,
>
> I have a form where users can enter and update their user data (name, email,
> address, etc.)  online. I want to save these user data now in pmwiki and
> also in a csv-file to use it independently from pmwiki. Can ZAP do this?
>
> Best,
> Petra

The first part (saving data in wiki, and using it is easy enough).
Writing to a CSV is not currently supported.  You could try a hack by
looking at how ZAP does log's.  You would have to slightly modify the
code in the log section of ZAP (maybe 10-20 lines of code, or add a
separate CSV option to retain ZAP's current logging functionality...

Check out the maillists and logging snippets at www.zapsite.com for an
example of how ZAP currently works.

Can't help do that myself right at the moment, but it is a good
project. If you do it, let me know and I may add it into ZAP.  Or I
may add myself later, I just don't really have a use for it.

Also, if you are wanting it for database connectivity things, you
could look at one of the database frontends and do it directly.

Cheers,
Caveman