[pmwiki-users] my site is being defaced by comments

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 09:32:27 CST 2006

Thursday, November 9, 2006, 3:23:51 PM, Sandy wrote:

> Any progress on this, or can someone recommend another method? A spammer has
> found me. :-(

Commentboxplus has been updated to fix the potential possibility to
post to other pages which Pm mentioned.

But I don't think that that was happening in your situation.
commentboxplus is designed to allow posting of comments even on pages
which are edit protected, so normal site visitors can leave comments,
even if they have no edit rights.
You can force users to login before they can make comments though.
You would need to install authuser.php (part of pmwiki), and issue
ids. Then you can hide the commentbox with markup like this:

(:if AuthId:)(:commentbox:)(:if:)

which lets only authenticated users see the box.
and there is no need to grant authenticated users edit rights.
That is a separate thing.

Can you update us as to what is going on exactly.
Is your page with (:commentbox:) markup edit protected?

Hans