[pmwiki-users] Trying to move stuff out of the web path

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Nov 9 13:32:25 CST 2006

Hans wrote:
> Thursday, November 9, 2006, 6:59:47 PM, Sandy wrote:
>
>> I get the error:
>
>> ?unable to find skin from list pmwiki
>
>> I suspect this line:
>> $FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://www.onebit.ca/sites/wikipub';
>
>> Is it likely to be that line, or would I see other problems first?
>
> Your subject line "Trying to move stuff out the web path" make sme
> wonder if you run into a similar problem than i did yesterday.
> As discussed on the list yesterday: "Path to skins question"
>
> Seems it is a file path error, and you need to get
> $SkinLibDirs array defined to see the skins on your filepath.
> If you got a farm setup it will need to be in farmconfig.php.
>

> Hans

Thanks for pointing out that thread. Following its advice, the first
part of the farmconfig.php is now:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://www.onebit.ca/sites/wikipub';
## Browser can find that directory and list its contents nicely.

$SkinLibDirs = array(
   "./pub/skins/\$Skin"      => "$PubDirUrl/skins/\$Skin",
   "home/mhschoen/www/sites/wikipub/skins/\$Skin" =>
"$FarmPubDirUrl/skins/\$Skin",
   );

For comparison, the config.php (in http://www.onebit.ca/sites/site1/)
is:

<?php include('/home/mhschoen/pmwiki/pmwiki.php');

I feel totally lost here. Too many tools I know nothing about. Is
everything in the public directory (the default install), really that
insecure?

Sandy