[pmwiki-users] Settling link styles in a wiki group and on a page

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 10 11:11:08 CST 2006

On 10/23/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> > >What skin are you using?    It sounds like a bug in the skin's template.
> >
> > I'm using the Lean skin:
> > http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/LeanSkin
>
> Ah yes, LeanSkin is loading its stylesheets after the <!--HeaderText-->
> (now <!--HTMLHeader-->) directive.  That makes it difficult for
> an administrator to override LeanSkin's settings.
>
> The recommended approach is for a skin to place its .css properties
> prior to the <!--HeaderText--> directive.  There are reasons why a
> skin will choose to put them after, but the downside is that
> it then makes it difficult for a site administrator to override the
> skin's style settings.

I'll reverse them and release a new version of the LeanSkin.  I'll
also change $Action to $ActionTitle in the template file.  If there
are any other glaring inadequacies in the LeanSkin, now's the the time
report them.

Please remind me how a skin author should override the selectors
PmWiki injects into the HTML header when the skin's .css properties
precede the <!--HeaderText--> (now <!--HTMLHeader-->) directive.

Hagan