[pmwiki-users] list of categories including subpages

Shaney Crawford shaneycrawford at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 11 08:34:28 CST 2006

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the same question that Florian asked.  If so
(and I suspect it is), I apologize.  If not, do you have any idea how
to do this?

The site that I am working on is an archive of a local newsletter.
Every article is categorized by author (one or more), issue, topic
(one or more), and location (one or more).

See for example:
http://www.alientimes.org/Main/TsukubaRinRinRoad

Here is the category structure.

Top Category
	Authors
		Author1
		Author2
	Languages
		Language1
		Language2
	Locations
		Location1
		Location2
	Topics
		Topic1
		Topic2
	Years
		Year1
			Issue1
			Issue2
		Year2

I have three "Topics" that I would like to provide specialized
category pages for: Tourism, Events, Gardens.  I would like the
category pages for these "Topics" to have a full list of all articles
in that category AND a list of articles listed by Location and
formatted to show the Location and then the articles.

Here is an image of what I want to do.

==================
Tourism Category Page

Bando City
	Tourist Spot in Bando 1
	Tourist Spot in Bando 2
Daigo Town
	Tourist Spot in Daigo 1
	Tourist Spot in Daigo 2
Kasama City
	Tourist Spot in Kasama 1
	Tourist Spot in Kasama 2

Full List of all Tourism Articles (this part I know how to do)
	Tourist Spot in Bando 1
	Tourist Spot in Bando 2
	Tourist Spot in Daigo 1
	Tourist Spot in Daigo 2
	Tourist Spot in Kasama 1
	Tourist Spot in Kasama 2

==================

See for example:
http://www.alientimes.org/Category/Tourism

Right now, I am doing this by hand, but that means that every time a
new location appears, I have to update the Events, Gardens, and
Tourism pages.  If possible, I would like to automate this task.

I have tried using page text variables and customized pagelist
templates, but I have not been successful so far.  If you have any
idea how I might automate this task please let me know.

Thank you!
Shaney.