[pmwiki-users] Play safe...

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Mon Nov 13 16:45:46 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 12:17:51PM -0500, Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
> I don't think there is any reason to worry as long as your wiki was
> password protetcted from the start. Otherwise Google may have already
> grabbed some items. As far as your server is concerned, Google and other
> crawlers look like a browser. If a browser can see it, then Google
> probably will be able to as well.

It's easy to code a browser switch(?) that allows Google to enter the
site and other  browsers not. You can simply use the useragent variable
sent by the brower (or the Googlebot) to deliver different content.

You could try to make your browser look like a Googlebot to figure that
out ;).

But on the other hand it might have been protected after it was crawled.

     Nalu