[pmwiki-users] Automatic author name

Jason Jarvis jarvisj at whl.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 03:30:34 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> This is PmWiki's default behavior... is it not working for you?
> An author enters her name in the "Author" field on the edit form,
> and that name is saved in a cookie and subsequently used to populate
> the author field.
>
> Pm

This is not working for me. No cookie gets saved. I have tried multiple clients,
firefox and IE and made sure that the site is allowed to make cookies. I really
don't know why I am not getting the default behaviour.

As I am not getting the default behaviour, would you have expected that my own
cookie generated would have had the same effect?