[pmwiki-users] Merging and moving

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 15 16:05:49 CST 2006

On 11/15/06, Nicholas Buttle <nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> First of all many thanks to the group for your help so
> far.
>
> How flexible is the system in terms of moving
> pages/groups/categories about?  I'd like to be able to
> reassign GroupA/PageX to GroupB/PageX i.e. reallocate
> a page from one group to another.

Just rename the page's file from GroupA.PageX to GroupB.PageX.  If you
do this, I recommend deleting the .pageindex file and letting PmWiki
rebuild the index.

You may need to fix some links that still point to the GroupA.PageX
page, which you can find by searching for

   link=GroupA/PageX

> Also, Can you manipulate groups in a similar manner?
> eg. if it is decided that GroupName1 should have been
> called GroupName2 can you migrate the whole group
> across to the new name?

To do that you would rename all the pages and fix all of the qualified
links (links with the GroupName1 group name).

For help finding "orphaned" pages, enable the RefCount feature.

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RefCount

> Is there anywhere where the files in PMWiki are
> documented by their function so as to get a better
> idea as to what can and can't be done?

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but most of the files in
PmWiki are in the scripts/ directory, and those have descriptions in
the files themselves.  For instance, refcount.php includes this

    This file does simple reference counting on pages in a PmWiki site.
    Simply activate this script using
        include_once('scripts/refcount.php');
    in the config.php file and then use ?action=refcount to bring up
    the reference count form.  The output is a table where each row
    of the table contains a page name or link reference, the number
    of (non-RecentChanges) pages that contain links to the page,
    the number of RecentChanges pages with links to the page, and the
    total number of references in all pages.

Hagan