[pmwiki-users] more on fedora 5 / pmwikiserv problems

Loic Domaigne loic-dev at gmx.net
Thu Nov 16 15:56:57 CST 2006

> Well, maybe if I post my findings, it will help another novice pmwiki
> user...
>
> As I'm sure was obvious to most real PHP programmers, distributions with
> PHP 5 often have both "php" and "php-cgi" as script interpreters.  Older
> distributions only had "php", but with the functionality of the newer
> "php-cgi".
>
> So the solution to this problem is to change pmwikiserv to use "php-cgi"
> on Linux distributions that have it, and run "php" otherwise.  With that
> done, it works quite well on Fedora Core 5.
>
> Lindsay Todd wrote:
> > I reported the other day the problems I have had running pmwikiserv on
> > my Fedora Core 5 system (PHP 5.1.6).  I am still not a PHP hacker, but
> > I've delved a bit further into the problem, and maybe someone can give
> > me a bit of help.

<snip>

Dear PmWiki community,

I am currently facing the same problem as Lindsay did. Unfortunately, I didn't
found out yet from Lindsay's post what has to be done in order to get the
pmwikiserv running on Fedora Core 5 (I must say that I am a newbie in PHP).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Loic.