[pmwiki-users] V2 SSL Mode? (was Re: Unable to save...)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 16 23:11:22 CST 2006

On 11/16/06, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On 11/16/06, L. Bell <labellz at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > 2) Why doesn't the SwitchToSSLMode recipe appear in the V2 cookbook?
>
> Many reasons, but it seems like now is a good time to add it, so I just did.
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SwitchToSSLMode

I reworked the code that switches to SSL only to avoid sending
passwords in the clear.  How's this?

## Switch to SSL mode to avoid sending passwords in the clear.
if($action=='login'
  || $action=='edit'
  || $action=='post'
  || $action=='postattr'
  || $action=='attr'
  || $action=='upload'
  || $action=='loginadmin')
{
  $ScriptUrl = 'https://www.example.com/path-to-wiki';
  $PubDirUrl = 'https://www.example.com/path-to-wiki/pub';

  if (!$_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on')
  {
    # Copy all GET request parameters and avoid
    # a problem with empty filename on upload page.
    $getparms = array();
    reset($_GET);
    while(list($name,$value) = each($_GET))
      if(!empty($value))
        $getparms[$name] = $name."=".urlencode($value);
    Redirect($pagename,'$PageUrl?'.implode("?",$getparms));
  }
} else {
  $ScriptUrl = 'http://www.example.com/path-to-wiki';
  $PubDirUrl = 'http://www.example.com/path-to-wiki/pub';