[pmwiki-users] and/or with multiple parameters in pagelist

Shaney Crawford shaneycrawford at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 17 19:56:45 CST 2006

Hello,

The website that I am working on is an archive of articles from a
newsletter (http://www.alientimes.org -- but it's about living in
Tsukuba, Japan, not aliens -- long story).

About half of the articles that we post every month are about events.
I would like to be able to list all of the articles that have to do
with events separately from the articles that do not have to do with
events.

Each article is tagged with an issue category (Category.November2006)
and then one or more other topic categories (Category.Events,
Category.Classes, etc.).

Listing all of the articles that DO NOT  have to do with events is
easy: code (1) gets me a list of pages that do not have to do with
one-off events (labelled as Category.Events) or classes
(Category.Classes) or monthly events (Category.CoffeeHour, etc.).

(1)
!!Articles
(:pagelist group=Main Category.November2006 -Events -Classes
-InternationalWomensNetwork -TsukubaMothersNetwork -CoffeeHour
-EveningForum:)

However, the following code doesn't work to give me the reverse of the
above (i.e. all of the articles that DO have to do with events).

(2)
!!Events
(:pagelist group=Main Category.November2006 Events Classes
InternationalWomensNetwork TsukubaMothersNetwork CoffeeHour
EveningForum:)

The simplest solution might be to label all event related information
with Category.Events, but I have chosen not to do that because it
makes the Events page insanely long and difficult to manage.

Another solution would be to group the articles manually on the index
page (Main/MasterIndex).  I can do this if I have to, but I would
prefer to have an automated solution.

So, my question is, is there a way to write code (2) that I am not aware of?

Thank you for your help.

Shaney.