[pmwiki-users] ZAP How to add code to Profile file when Registering new user

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Nov 19 21:02:44 CST 2006

On 11/19/06, Aleksander Czaszynski <aczaszyn at telus.net> wrote:
> Hi
> I used login example from http://www.zapsite.org/ and it works.
> But I need to add the code below to each member's Profile to see some fields.
> Is there a way to add the below lines to the member profile when saving the
> entry from the registering form?
>
> (:zapdata:)
> (:zapget:)
>
> ||border=0 cellspacing=0 width=200
> ||Name: ||{$Member}
> ||Real Name: ||{$RealName}
> ||Country: ||{$Country}
> ||Gender: ||{$Gender}
> ||Email: ||{$Email}
>
> (:zapend:)
>
> Thanks for answer in advance
> Aleks

I'd recommend just putting it in the groupfooter.  It works perfect.

You could do what you want using the create function and set up a page
template, but that is an inferior solution--because if you ever want
to change the layout of your profiles data, you would have to manually
change every page.  Put it in the groupfooter and you can change the
entire group at any time.

Check out this url for a COMPLEX example of the Profiles.GroupFooter
page I'm use.  It allows a person to update their own info but no one
else's.  Also, deals properly with emails and passwords.

http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Profiles.GroupFooter?action=source

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Caveman