[pmwiki-users] authenticate against samba PDC

Falk Hamann Falk.Hamann at dbaudio.com
Thu Nov 23 02:12:26 CST 2006

Hello list

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:48:03 +0100
Falk Hamann <Falk.Hamann at dbaudio.com> wrote:

> is there a way to authenticate pmwiki-users against a Samba Primary
> Domain Controller ?
> Samba includes a tool called ntlm_auth which allows external access to
> Winbind's NTLM authentication function.

YES, it works now. I use the Apache-Module auth_ntlm_winbind_module
from [1]. Automatic-login to Apache works correct.

The NTLM-Username reach pmwiki as $_SESSION['REMOTE_USER'] in
terms of DOMAIN\USER.
I don't want the domainname. Thats why, I do the following in
httpauth.php:

-SDV($AuthId, $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']);
+SDV($AuthId, preg_replace("/DOMAIN\\\/", "", $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']));

In config.php: $Author = $AuthId;

Groups are defined in AuthUser.php: @write: test

test.php?action=attr

read: id:test
write: @write

One Problem remains. Read works, Write NOT !
Is there a way that groups of users work together with REMOTE_USER ?

PM: On wich page should I document my experiences with NTLM, Apache,
winbind(samba), pmwiki, when it works correct :-) ?

pmwiki-version: 2.2.0-beta16

 [1]
http://viewcvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/mod_auth_ntlm_winbind/?root=lorikeet

--

[root at Linux] chown linux.users /world