[pmwiki-users] Mmm...this could cause us problems.

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Thu Nov 23 10:13:52 CST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 07:48:52AM -0800, Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> I anticipate there being multiple files uploaded with
> the same name. eg Picture1.png  Is there any way of
> avoiding file overwriting other than having umpteen
> groups??????

"
By default, authorized users are able to overwrite files that have
already been uploaded, without the possibility of restoring the previous
version of the file. If you want to disallow users from being able to
overwrite files that have already been uploaded, add the following line
to config.php:

$EnableUploadOverwrite = 0;

Alternatively, an administrator can keep older versions of uploads.

[...]

PmWiki does not manage versioning of uploaded files by default. However,
by setting $EnableUploadVersions=1; an administrator can have older
versions of uploads preserved in the uploads directory along with the
most recent version.
"

>From http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin

     Balu