[pmwiki-users] Browser window size

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 03:36:25 CST 2006

Thursday, November 23, 2006, 7:44:42 PM, Mark wrote:

> I notice some discussion on limiting the size of a pop-up window so I was
> wondering how one can limit the size of my browser, ie, they go to my home
> page or any other and it is a predetermined size.

> Or maybe it is the wikipage that I want a predetermined size.

It is usually bad practise to force a browser window size on a user,
since there are so many different display sizes, and users have their
own way how big or small a browser should be on their screen. And it
is not possible to control the initial browser window size, I think.
Only subsequent windows opened could be controlled via javascript, as
is done with popup windows.

So if you really want to force  a certain width for your homepage, you
can set the page width with css to a fixed value. Some skins do this,
and if yours does not, you could to edit it. Either set a body
{width:...}, or create a container div inside the body, and set that.
It may work to do that in pub/css/local.css

Hans