[pmwiki-users] Action=Source in IE

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Nov 24 14:42:20 CST 2006

On 11/24/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 01:52:31PM -0500, The Editor wrote:

> > > Works for me as well.  Is there a url where it's not working,
> > > or perhaps a specific version of IE?
> > >
> > > (It would be hard for ?action=source to not work in IE,
> > > since all that PmWiki does is return a document of
> >
> > If I click the source link at www.zapsite.org in IE a window popups
> > asking if I want to download pmwiki.php. If I say yes, it tries to
> > save on my hard drive.  If I say no it gives me an error.  If I say
> > cancel, it does nothing.  So either way I can't see the source.
>
> I'm guessing that you fixed it;  I just now tried it in IE
> and it appears to work okay.

No, I didn't fix anything, and it definitely IS giving me a download
window.  I'm using IE 6 on XP pro.

I won't have that action enabled on my production site, but it is
inconvenient for the zap site, as I stopped putting the code up on
each snippets page and opted to use just the source link instead.  Is
there something about the way the link is formed that could cause
this?  Something that is supposed to be in the skin that I might be
missing?  All I have is the following in a wiki page

[[{$FullName}?action=source|Source]]

Cheers,
Caveman