[pmwiki-users] passwords and farms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Nov 24 15:04:18 CST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 09:24:25AM -0500, Sandy wrote:
> H. Fox wrote:
> > On 11/16/06, Sandy <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:
> > One approach (that I haven't tried) is to make these the last two
> > lines of your farmconfig.php file:
> >
> >          include_once("local/config.php");
> >          include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>
> [This] makes me nervous. In the core program, there might be something
>   called between farmconfig.php and local/config.php that this method
> misses.

There's no need to be nervous on this one -- I explicitly designed
the configuration sequence with this possibility in mind.

In other words, doing include_once('local/config.php');
is explicitly allowed, and for exactly the purpose of allowing
a farm to override or augment any local customizations that
have been performed.

A farm can also set $EnableLocalConfig = 0; to prevent
PmWiki from even attempting to include local/config.php.